Monday, February 20, 2006

Who's gonna drive you home?

Recently I have noticed a weird thing. There have been loads of cars driving around in the dark with no headlights on. Drivers in London are scary enough when you can see them coming towards you. Normally I would flash at them to tell them (with my headlights stupid), but then if the "not being able to see where you're going" in the dark doesn't alert them, hell what would? I read something in the paper a few weeks ago and it's stuck in my head and is really putting me off getting involved with the mad drivers. In Japan (or was it Brazil?), some gang had an initiation rite where the gang members drove around with no lights on. Whichever kind samaritan flashed them to warn them was followed home and killed. They had marked themselves to the gang and were the next victims. The police had to issue a warning to people not to flash at cars with no headlights on.

Now this may be a cunning urban myth, I'm easily fooled (just ask Lady L), but it has put me off warning people just in case they are going to try and kill me. The fact that they may kill me anyway as they can't see where they're going, and I can't see them, seems irrelevant.

Me? Nuts? Discuss.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news BB, you've been had again

    http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/lightsout.asp

    ReplyDelete