Sunday, February 26, 2006

Conversation on a bus

[Setting the scene: back seat of a bus, 2 girls who are 17 based on their conversation, but who looked about 45. Girl no. 1 (Carly) is upset about her forthcoming 18th birthday. Girl no. 2 (Kia) has just been bought a car for hers. They both sound like Chantelle from Celebrity Big Brother]

Carly: "They wanna take me away for the weekend, but I ain't goin' if it's in this country. There ain't no point."
Kia: "But a 14 hour flight ain't no good for a weekend away, you gotta go somewhere closer. And they said they couldn't afford to go abroad."
Carly: "It ain't on Kia. They say they can't afford to take me away for the weekend somewhere worf goin' to but it's coz they hate me. I ain't sayin' nuffin but it's me 18th and they knew when I was born that someday I was gonna be 18. They say they can't afford to take me away for the weekend somewhere worf' going to but they're lyin'. They woulda saved up if they wanted to, they went to Lanzarote last year and took my bruvver and they had the money for that. They've had all me life to save up, they just spent the money on themselves."
Kia: "Yeah but I only got the car coz my parents had the money, I wouldn't 'a got it if they couldn't. You know your mum ain't got the money."
Carly: "Yeah I ain't sayin' nuffin' but she's working now."
Kia: "She only started last week."

No comments:

Post a Comment