Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Talking happy talk

Now this doesn't happen often. This week mainly nice things have been happening to me and do you know what? Instead of accepting them and carrying on merrily, I am waiting for the fall - the REALLY big bad thing that is stored up for me. Is this normal? If I was indeed normal I would deal with the blow when and if it happens, and not be miserable in anticipation. For example, last night my old man offered to take me to the Maldives for a holiday later in the year (he heard off someone who heard off someone else that someone is doing really good deals - a definite then!). Now, those who know me know we had a few problems with our honeymoon earlier this year, and this seems to have instilled in me a fear of travel agents and indeed holidays. So I wasn't over-eager (I should have bitten his hand off there and then) but I made non-committal noises as I immediately assumed a) it would never happen and b) if it did we would almost certainly face danger of death or a very nasty stomach bug while we were there.

I have developed a suspicion of things in general too. After my run-ins with the travel agents and my evil bank, I now never believe people when they say they are going to do something. So it was a great surprise when I phoned up a train company to ask why I hadn't been given seats when my tickets arrived and they immediately allocated me some and sent out new tickets which arrived the next day. Ordinarily I wouldn't have even phoned them to check, I would have assumed my evil nemesis wanted me to stand up for 5 hours in a corridor near the toilets.

So what should I do? Try to be more positive and shrug off the bad things that happen occasionally (and thereby drive everyone I know mad by my cheeriness) or keep moaning?! Hee hee, I think the latter don't you? It's much more satisfying :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment