Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Hairdressers - the spawn of beelzebub?

So I bit the bullet last week and went and had a long overdue haircut. I really really hate going to the hairdressers. Don't get me wrong, the day or so of having nice gleaming shiny hair that follows is great, I once didn't wash my hair for 3 days coz it was so lovely and the change that comes about once you've washed it doesn't bear thinking about. But the pain! I had the "top stylist" which cost me a small fortune, but I thought "hey! My hair deserves it, and it hasn't been cut for 4 months". But my "top stylist" obviously thought a cut and blow dry was below his station - hello!! An easy-peasy cut and blow dry should be bread and butter for hairdressers, he could have cut it with his eyes shut (instead of wandering all around the salon following the big bottoms of the girls who worked there).
But I persevered and right when he had almost finished the blow drying and I was eyeing my escape he asked what hair products I use - basically whatever is on the buy one get one free offers when I go in the hair products shop - but he said my hair was very dry and I needed to change it. Innocently I asked "so what would you recommend?". He proceeded to reel off a list of products that they handily sold in the salon which sounded like miracle cures for anything that could be wrong with you. And they cost more than the actual haircut. I think the "must haves" he quoted me cost nearly 60 smackeroonies. (Any hairdressers out there, do you get commission from selling these?)
But poor old shy me, did I say "oh you must think I'm mad. Do you think I'm mad? Or do I look really rich to you?" and storm out? Nah, did I heck. I made some soppy excuse up about not being paid yet and having to come back next week instead. Which I now feel really stupid about. They made enough money out of me already and now I feel guilty?! Man alive, I've got some problems...

No comments:

Post a Comment