Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Oh my god!

To quote the marvellous Kaiser Chiefs - I have spent the whole day (don't tell my boss) trying to book a short weekend break. I have come to the conclusion that internet travel sites don't really have any holidays on them, they are just there to mess with your head. I decided on Barcelona (where to go is vague, the date we want to go isn't), and with all the major travel sites, they let you spend ages picking a hotel then when you try to book it, the flights aren't available! Why don't they tell you that when you select them? Then I decided Barcelona was too popular and tried Madrid. Found a fantastic bargain in a 5* hotel that looks like it was built out of gold, and again, after a lengthy process to select everything - no available flights. I certainly picked the wrong weekend, at this rate it'll be Butlins in Skegness. I bet that's all booked up too.
I don't have much luck with high street travel agents either now I come to think of it. Take my last holiday, I was sat 3 rows back from my husband on very long flights, we didn't get picked up at the airport, and had to hitch a ride with some crazy (but lovely) locals in a very small and cramped hire car.
And another thing, I was just sent on a mission to return a ream of paper for my boss that was bought yesterday with cash but was slightly the wrong colour. I had the receipt, the paper hadn't been opened so I fulfilled all the criteria for refunds yes? Oh no. Stroppy paper lady wanted to refund the money onto a credit card. I said "but we paid in cash" and she really fought to not give me the money back in hard cash. I explained that we were a small library and didn't have corporate credit cards or gold amex cards or anything fancy like that and after all my trouble with my personal bank card I definitely wasn't handing that over. And anyway, how can you refund money onto a card that didn't buy the thing anyway?
I'm beginning to think it's just me. And I watched the Spongebob movie last night and it was a disappointment. They changed his voice and everything. And he wasn't as funny in a long feature film. I don't think anything will please me this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment