Saturday, March 04, 2006

Ramblings

Yesterday I composed a blog about my useless work colleague. But I've decided not to publish it as life is too short to read lots of swearing, and if I ever became famous and my identity leaked out then I'd be in big doo doo.

So today I woke up with Orson's "No tomorrow" in my head, probably courtesy of Lady Librarian who gets violent at the very thought of it. And yesterday it was more KT Tunstall, what is going on? I don't own her album, I'm starting to suspect that it's some kind of mind implant, but it won't make me buy it, oh no!

I've got drawn into watching the current series of American Idol for some bizarre reason. It's a bit mad. None of the songs they sing (apart from the classics) have made it over to these shores so I've got no idea if they're singing them well or not. And apart from 1 guy who makes me mad as he has the best rock voice and could be doing the music thing for real - WHY didn't he start a band or join a band, is American Idol really the best outlet for his talents? - they are mostly a bunch of average karaoke singers with confidence. It's weird watching all these American kids being told they are absolutely rubbish turning around and telling the judges they don't know what they're talking about. None of them think they are rubbish, just that the judges either don't know what they're talking about or that the judges have got some idea of who they want to win and they don't fit the bill. Where does all this unfounded confidence come from? Hell, I can't even sing in front of my nearest and dearest and I love singing. But I suppose I'm a repressed Brit.

No comments:

Post a Comment