Thursday, December 29, 2005

No I haven't got piles dear!

At our work Christmas Party over a week ago I managed to throw myself down a set of stairs. Twice. Ouch. I still maintain to this day it was the stairs' fault, I hadn't even had a glass of wine the first time. The second time might have been my fault. A colleague told me afterwards that the stairs had been polished recently and the anti-slip things weren't put back on. Uh oh? I really hurt the bottom of my spine and over a week later I can't sit down properly! Or type as I did my wrist in big time too. I must be getting old, a few years ago I did this all the time (yes drunk) and was fine!

But apart from that the party was brilliant! Our place is great, it's all free booze and food and they put a disco on too. They hire this hilarious dj who thinks he's it, but he really isn't. But he did play the Darkness for me so he isn't all that bad! And there were two punch-ups, people falling down stairs (me), people whisked off to A&E with alcohol poisoning, bloody noses from gallantly trying to catch drunken ladies who were falling over who did indeed fall over on top of said hero (not me) and lots of abandoned dancing (me, I didn't feel the pain till later that night). Happy Christmas one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment