Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I now see the point of landlords

Who the hell thought buying a house was a good idea!? You know what it really means - it takes over your life and you spend your waking hours considering paint charts and where to stick what on the walls. Honestly. Life is too short. Tell me, what's wrong with renting a nice little place painted entirely in magnolia by your landlord, you know you'll never have to worry again. But silly me, I decided to buy a house, and I have spent most of this afternoon up and down a ladder painting the front room. Which I will be very pleased with when it's finished. But it's SUCH hard work, mainly the moving furniture around to get to the walls, covering everything in splashing distance and then manouevring said ladder round scattered furniture. Goddamn. Getting trolleyed on vodka and rolling home at bedtime was much more fun.

So I decided to avoid the magnolia route and chose a lovely shade called "Gentle Fawn". Sadly it isn't reminiscent of Bambi's bottom, it's quite like magnolia really! Damn those cunning paint sellers.

And Robbie? Please don't sue me, I'm only a librarian after all, but one day you are going to be eating your words. As Naomi Campbell found out to her cost, protesting too much is a dangerous game, and winning loads of dosh is only going to lead to blackmail you know! You should have just shrugged it off my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment