Friday, October 28, 2005

They are coming to get you...

I have got the family down for the annual visit this weekend. Which will be nice. It’s starting off well as my dad, who isn’t even here yet, is keeping me highly amused with his text messaging abilities. Yesterday he texted the landline instead of my mobile. This has demonstrated something that I never knew was possible. A nice BT robot lady (a Dutch robot I think) reads out the message for you. But when you’re not expecting it, man it’s scary! I pressed the answer phone play button and this disembodied voice started saying “Hello, I am very much looking forward to seeing you soon…” I thought the aliens were finally coming for me, or some psycho serial killer/one of my husband’s exes (they are pretty much interchangeable) had tracked me down. Very strange and just a bit unsettling.

Then today he texts to say he’s on his way. He managed to pick the right phone this time. But he sent me a picture of him texting me by mistake. Bless.

What else can the weekend possibly have in store?

No comments:

Post a Comment