Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Kerazy parents take over the East Side (of London)

So as I was saying, parents…visit…gawd help us. Actually as it turned out, a pleasant weekend was had by all. And it turned out to be an “Introduction to the place you bought a house in and have lived in for several months after an afternoon’s perusal by your Dad”. There are places in my town that I never knew existed, but my parents found them on their first afternoon of browsing. Honestly, I think they would rather have spent the whole weekend looking round the shops than see me, on Sunday morning I got a call to say they were up (meanie that I am, I made them stay in a hotel, it’s best all round) but they were going round the shops (AGAIN) and would roll up at our house about lunchtime. Bless them. They even talked about moving here as they loved the shops so much. Were they in a parallel universe?

I am a bit of a snob about our town centre. On a weekend I NEVER go in unless I really have to – it’s full of Essex girlz who are really scary, all bling and very little clothing. And the shops are heaving with people trying to save 10p or something ridiculous, and fight for it. With nails. So I was forced to go in on Saturday to keep the olds happy, and you know, it wasn’t too bad at all. Suspiciously quiet and quite chav-free. And it’s only 7 weeks till Christmas. Everyone must have been at Lakeside!

No comments:

Post a Comment