Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Rubbish!

I am SO obsessed with recycling, it's so sad. In our old place, we had a big black plastic box that took everything pretty much so saved on bin bags and made you feel very virtuous. In the new place we have big bright orange plastic sacks that take everything apart from glass and it's great! But I am concerned. On bin days, an 80 year old man (he is so frail I want to go and help him, the day we put a million cardboard boxes out soon after we moved in I felt so guilty) has the job of taking all the bags left out and piling them into one BIG pile before the truck turns up and the young 'uns throw them in the back. But he piles the normal binbags and the orange recycling ones into one big pile. Surely they can't all be thrown in the back willy nilly? What's the point of recycling if they do that? Hmm. I think we should be told. "Dear Household Excess Produce Removal Co-ordinator..."

No comments:

Post a Comment