Friday, October 14, 2005

Big fat hairy testicles

Man it's been a long week. I'm doing the Friday night dead zone shift in the library - and there's no-one else here!! Can I close up and get home early? No chance. Someone would turn up at 2 minutes before closing and complain that we weren't open. Now the main reason for my shitty week has been a barrister. I feel guilty for being mean to him now, but he has annoyed the living daylights out of me all week. There's this really complicated legal research thing we do, and normally we might get asked to do one a day, it takes the barrister involved at least half a day, sometimes a whole day, to get through it all and it's a pain in the butt. This bloke has done 10 since Monday, 2 of them tonight on my late night when everyone knows it is the law that nobody bothers you and you can surf the net all night. And now I feel mean for being surly when he had loads of work to do! But he refused to listen to us when we tried to explain how it works and was being really arrogant. Grr. I have anger issues, I tell you.

Anyway, in my non being a stroppy librarian life, today I noticed the most unlucky street cleaner in London ever. The poor guy must have really upset his superiors. Normally they have those weird picky-up sticks for grabbing rubbish without having to touch it. And really thick gloves in case of needles or broken bottles. This guy had a bin bag and one dodgy looking glove. He looked so forlorn I wanted to rush out to my local cleaning produce shop and buy him some things to help. He didn't even get a cart! My life isn't so bad really. And I've just noticed I seem to have developed an unhealthy obsession with rubbish.

No comments:

Post a Comment