Wednesday, June 08, 2005

It's dangerous to be a Rock Star

I was watching a badly dubbed Metallica documentary on German Mtv recently (don't ask, the only other channel we had was Eurosport) and I didn't realise that their original bassist was killed in a coach crash in their early days to be replaced by Jason Newsted. They had a dodgy coach (or a dodgy driver) and when it crashed he got thrown out of the window and it landed on top of him. He had swapped bunks with Kirk Hammett, and my friend back at college had a serious thing for Kirk so I hope she never knew this, but I digress. This got me thinking to how dangerous the life of rock stars can be - it's not all throwing tv's out of windows and doing dodgy things with ladies of the night whilst under the influence of Jack Daniels. Take the drummer out of Def Leppard for instance. He lost his arm in a car crash, the whole of Lynard Skynard were wiped out in a plane crash. And what about Gloria Estefan? And Justin from the Darkness nearly had his career ended by a glass injury.

Pft. It's much safer where I am I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment