Thursday, July 22, 2010

Librarian magic

EVERY SINGLE TIME I GO TO THE LIBRARY SOMETHING GOES WRONG!!!! AGH!!!!

Phew. That feels better. So today we went to the library, Littl'um wanted some new books. And I thought I had it all covered. I was prepared for books not going off tickets when returned - I got the librarian to check the ticket was empty after we returned the books on the self serve machine. Check. Then we got some new books and issued them all save one which wouldn't work on the machine, and printed out a receipt. Check. Then we took the non-issuing book to the librarian and she issued it for us. Check. And we left.

And then just now I looked at the receipt tucked into the book all nicely by said librarian. And she has issued a TOTALLY different book to his ticket, one about damsels in distress in rural Lancashire. I don't think Littl'un is into historical romance really. Holy crap. She even managed to do that right in front of me!! They are so bad they can cock things up right in front of you. And my mistake radar was on red alert and she still got me! How on earth am I going to persuade them that he didn't borrow it? And I really can't be bothered to go back again to sort it all out. Honestly, as I say everytime I blog about our library, they SO need me!

2 comments:

  1. And I am so cross about how shit the librarians are I just emailed the manager of Essex libraries. Give me 12 months and I'll be in charge...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your library needs more competant librarians to handle things! You should totally take over and set them straight! ;)

    ReplyDelete