Monday, July 26, 2010

Freecycle

I recently joined Freecycle, a site where people list stuff they no longer need that they would have chucked out but this lets other people have use of them. I need a lawnmower badly. No one has offered me one. Anyway. You can also list stuff you want and it is hilarious, people seem to forget it is free and the things they ask for  are SOOO cheeky! Today some woman wanted a buggy. But instead of saying "I need a buggy if anyone has one they no longer use" she demanded a specific make and model! And it wasn't a cheap one! Honestly. If you really need a buggy and can't afford to buy one you wouldn't care what brand you got would you? And the other week someone asked for a whole list of things, including a gazebo, a swing seat for the garden, a 32" sony colour tv with stand, and a cotbed! I don't think gazebos come under necessities really and it really takes the piss out of the ethos of the site! I might ask for a purple Volkswagon Beetle next and see how many offers I get :)

1 comment:

  1. Haha sounds like fun! How about a region 2 dvd player for American me? I'd love to be able to see some of the British films that I can't watch on my DVD player :P

    ReplyDelete