Saturday, January 14, 2006

Oh if only I was a student again...

I've been on an enforced watching daytime tv break over the past few days and there has been some cracking tv on! For example, yesterday's lunchtime news:

[Cut to studio from clip]

Newslady: "I like chimps!"
Newsman: "I like them too. But chimps are a bit rude sometimes aren't they?"
Newslady: "Yes, they are like us aren't they?"
Newsman (looking flustered): "Ahem...erm...yes...ahem...they are like people...ahem...not like us particularly...ahem..."
Newslady (giggling and a bit red): "Oh yes! They're like PEOPLE!"

[Editor in headphones: "Move on for god's sake, move on! This is supposed to be an intellectual show!!!"]

Now for the life of me I can't remember what the clip was about, it was some kind of animal I'm sure but it definitely wasn't a chimp!

And on This Morning, they had 2 women jogging on treadmills in their bras, for an alleged health article on the dangers of running in non-sports bras. I took this to mean running in general, because apparently even running for the bus is bad for you (and I would definitely miss the bus if I had to duck into some bushes to put my sports bra on first). So girls say NO to running! Marvellous.

And Joe Mangel is back in Neighbours!! Who said going to work was a good thing?!

1 comment:

  1. You know my philosophy for life is "Never run for public transport".

    ReplyDelete