Monday, January 23, 2006

Is it just me?

Do you ever get the feeling that things are not meant to be? I'm trying to register with a doctor, finally decided to be sensible instead of just blindly trusting in being healthy and not needing a doctor. So I phoned them up last week, and was told to go and collect a new patients' form. So last Wednesday afternoon I have the afternoon off and trek down to the surgery. My first lesson was that it was bloody miles away. And it was only closed for an ad hoc staff training afternoon. Damn. Then tonight they are open until 7. "Good-o", I thought, "I finish at 5, by the time we get home we should have plenty of time to nip into the doctors". I must be cursed. We were stuck in a complete random traffic gridlock for an hour and a half and got back for 7 on the dot. Just in time to miss the doctors again. Even the traffic news on the radio didn't know what had happened to cause the tailbacks. I am going to try once more, short of falling meteors, dropping down dead, or winning the Euromillions on Friday (£100 million this week, I will hire my own surgery - oh sod it, make that hospital - then) I am getting that form. Oh yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment