Monday, May 01, 2006

Congratulations!!

Lady L got spliced at the weekend, and it was a fabulous affair. She looked fab, and Mr L looked very smart, and there were tears and laughter. The cake was never ending, and everyone hankered after the special cake that was for the kids only (it had smarties on the top). I saw loads of people I haven't seen for ages. At the Reception the music was brilliant and I had to download "Where's me jumper?" from the wondrous Sultans of Ping the minute I got home. I missed the Darkness though which I am very upset about. Lady L was very drunk at her Reception, something I failed to do at my own wedding, and there was dancing - including the Timewarp! - and it was all over far too quickly. What is the relationship between time spent planning a hen do or a wedding and the time the event takes when it actually happens? It's related to the leisure time vs work time ratio, and it's just not on!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good time, and I'm sorry you missed The Darkness. I'm just here to point out that I was only soooo drunk because I got no buffet at all! So I substituted sandwiches, vine leaves and volyvonts (no idea how to spell volyvonts) with large white wines. I blame my hungry friends for the state of my drunkness.

    ReplyDelete