Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A lot has gone on...

So since I last wrote, we moved house, got the boys into the local school, and less than 2 weeks after we moved we got a puppy. So life has been a bit mental. Though I love our new house, it's like it was made for us and we are so much happier here. I finally have my big kitchen, and although it smells a bit doggy it's still lovely! Having a puppy (Archie the bulldog) has been very trying, I never really thought it through - that although it was the other half's dream I'd be doing all the looking after! I would have given him away in the first couple of weeks but now we're getting there, and the kids love him (when he isn't nipping them).
 
The main difference with this house and our old one is that I actually find myself actually sitting relaxing and doing sod all! Our old house always needed something doing, or maybe it was me, couldn't relax and always had to be doing something. Now we sit out in the garden listening to the birds in the forest at the back, and go for nice long walks in the forest when it's nice. We don't have to listen to sirens every 5 minutes or drunk people staggering past. I don't know why we didn't do it years ago. And the funny thing is, I wouldn't have even looked at this house if the estate agent hadn't suggested it.
 
Oh, we also had our first car crash! Woo! A farmer in a pick-up truck took the back of the car out at about 5 miles per hour, which is ridiculous. But it could have been a lot worse, and he admitted it all and it's all fixed now.
 
And now we have moved we actually have more money, the house was more expensive than our old one, but the mortgage is cheaper! So for the first time in about 7 years I have some new clothes and we can treat the boys to things like ice creams which we never could before. It's all good, fingers crossed I haven't cursed it all now!

No comments:

Post a Comment