Monday, October 23, 2006

Girls in songs

Listening to the radio every day, it strikes me that they must have passed a new law making it compulsory for song titles to have girls names in. The Zutons are mostly responsible for this with "Oh Stacey look what you've done" and "Valerie", now there's "Sophia" from Nerine Pallot. Then there's "Chelsea Dagger" by the Fratellis which I always think is a reference to Prince Harry's girlfriend when it's more probably about gang warfare in Chelsea. And of course "Jenny don't be hasty" by Paolo Nutini.

I'm getting fed up with it frankly. Unless someone does a song with the name Barbara in it, I'm vetoing the radio. So there.

3 comments:

  1. I was enormously surprised and grateful when R.E.M. came out with "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" At last, a song for Kenneths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, what about Barbara Ann by The Beach Boys?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I did think about Barbara Ann but that's been embellished as they obviously didn't think Barbara alone was cool enough. I'm writing to Justin Hawkins, he needs some inspiration for his new solo album.

    ReplyDelete