Sunday, March 04, 2012

Pity party for one

So recently me and Mr Babs brought up the subject of having another kid. Yes we are crazy to even consider it. 2 is ok, 3 is a lot of arguments waiting to happen. And while the thought of having another little baby is tempting (until they start talking they are generally lovely) I realised that I was actually quite looking forward to getting back to work. Being a stay-at-home mum is fine, it is lovely to spend time with your kids growing up. But I've done it for 5 years now and it's getting a bit stale. I don't talk to anyone apart from other mums who only talk about their kids. Or shout at my own kids. That is it. I don't even talk to Mr Babs anymore as I have little to talk about. And we are super broke.

But then wondering what work I could go back to is also hard work. Ideally I need a part-time, term-time only job, but library jobs are SO not like that! And I miss libraries. What DO people do with their kids in the summer holidays!? I have no idea. My mum stayed at home until we were in secondary school so I have nothing to compare with. Working in a school would be the ideal option but I don't want to be a teacher or a dinner lady. I could do shifts in a supermarket but then I feel like I've wasted all my education and library qualifications.

So what does an out of work librarian with 2 kids do?!?! Having another kid seems the easiest option at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment